Group Medical Plan
Patina Nation is pleased to offer its members the opportunity to apply for enrollment in a competitively-priced and high-quality group medical plan that leverages the combined purchasing power of thousands of independent consultants and workers. Access to coverage from a nationally recognized care provider network can extend to your spouse and dependents – and is available whether you have worked on a Patina engagement or not.
Patina recognizes that working as an independent consultant with limited resources can be challenging at times and we hope this group medical plan is helpful to many of you.
Patina has partnered with two associations to offer you access to this plan, including Elevate to Wellness. In addition to offering wellness benefits – Elevate to Wellness handles eligibility, enrollment and billing for the group medical plan.
ABOUT THE PLAN
The most important things to know about the plan:
- This is a proprietary benefits plan which is only available to independent consultants and sole proprietors. If you are less than 65 years of age, work full-time (defined as an average 30 hours or more a week, as an independent consultant or sole proprietor) and are reasonably healthy – this group medical plan may be a fit for you.
- More than 22,000 members are already enrolled in this group medical plan nationally.
- There is no charge to apply for the plan.
- If you are accepted and decide to enroll in the plan – you will be billed a one-time enrollment fee of $125 and an ongoing, separate $20 per month fee (covers associations Patina has partnered with to offer this plan) in addition to your monthly plan costs.
- Once you enroll in the plan you will receive email communications approximately twice monthly from Elevate to Wellness, including health and wellness newsletters. You can learn more at elevatetowellness.org.
- The group medical plan is offered to various association members in conjunction with a union, which has been providing benefits to its members for nearly 25 years.
To see if this group medical plan may be right for you, click here for an overview and pricing. Additionally, please see our FAQs here. If any you have any additional questions about this group medical plan you can reach out to our Patina Nation Benefits Partner, using the contact form here.
Step 1: Review Plans of Interest.
To see an overview of coverage and pricing options for the group medical plan, click to see the plan summaries. Once you answer the initial questions on age, location and coverage tier – the portal will show you the plans and pricing available to you. There are also additional benefit programs available for you to consider on the enrollment portal.
Note: Patina will not have access to any of your personal information.
Step 3: Complete a Member Application.
Apply for the group medical plan through this enrollment portal. Most applicants receive a response in less than five business days.
Note: Patina is not involved in the approval process.
Step 4: Set Up Your Member Portal Online.
After you’ve submitted your plan application and you’ve been accepted into the plan, you will receive an email with information for setting up your member portal.
Note: Patina does not receive compensation for offering you access to this group medical plan nor if you enroll in the plan.